Beach

Friday, August 3, 2012

Thank You!!


Lately I have been so BUSY spending time with my three girls and of course, designing math and literacy centers for school. Too busy it seems to accept the Versatile Blogger award from Dray on her blog, Second Grade is Sweet. Crazy, I know! Thank you Dray for believing in me! I love your website so I hope everyone checks it out!

As part of accepting this award I have to share 7 things about myself. Reluctantly, here it goes:

1. I have been married to my patient and loving husband for 21 years. Together we have four wonderful kids (one son and three daughters).

This was a few years ago but I love the matching hats and scarves, don't you?
Here is the man that puts up with my craziness!
2. I love to dance and sing however I am not good at doing any of these things. Unfortunately my daughters would agree.
3. My family and I went to Disneyland for the first time this year! Sad, but true.


4. My daughters and I have become cupcake bakers! There is even a rumor going around our neighborhood that we are actually good at it. :)
5. I enjoy recognizing the talents in other people which is probably why I love watching reality shows  like X-Factor, American Idol, Cupcake Wars, Chopped, So You Think You Can Dance? and Project Runway. My poor husband!
6. I love creating things but because I have ADD it is often difficult for me to focus on finishing one thing at a time.
7. I love sunsets! I live in Utah along the Wasatch Front. To the East of my home are the Wasatch Mountains and to the West is the Great Salt Lake. On any given evening, I can step out and watch the most spectacular sunsets!

photo by Greg Jackson of the Great Salt Lake

It's difficult for me to narrow down the field of blog nominations because there are so many wonderful blogs and I don't have all day, but I have discovered a few blogs with great ideas:

Christina from Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge
Jennifer from Hello Literacy
Lesson Plan SOS
Lory from Lory's Page
and last but not least, Amy from Step into Second who has inspired me to create my own materials!

Well there you have it whether you wanted it or not. Thanks again Dray for nominating me! :)

1 comment: