Beach

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pizza. Not only does it taste good, it is great tool to teach fractions. And the other day when I was at Dollar Tree (my favorite store), I came across a storage container for a slice of pizza. Note: I went online to find a picture so that I could show you what it looks like but interestingly enough I couldn't find one. Anyway, this inspired me to create some fraction games. I then visited Scrappin' Doodles (my favorite clipart) and found some really cute pizza clipart. Yea! So I created two games using the clipart.  I will store the game pieces for the first game in the pizza slice container and then store the other game pieces in a small 7 or 9 inch pizza box.

I remember back to the options my mom had as a teacher as she began her career 36 years ago. She was limited to workbooks and die cuts. Now, I marvel at how far technology has come and how much it has benefited the lives of educators and students alike. Thanks to technology and talented artists, we can turn our inspirations into reality.

Well, I was able to upload the first game on TPT but not the second. I will let you know as soon as I figure out the problem.  Until then, you can check out the first game here if you are interested. Below are some examples of the worksheets I created to use with the games.

First Game
Second Game
Second Game

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Kammy. Here's to technology, fractions, and teachers who make them fun!

    ReplyDelete