Beach

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A New Beginning

Just Keep Swimming!

This is my first post. Ever. So first I would like to explain why I titled my blog, Swimming in Second. Dory (from Finding Nemo) and I, are very much alike.  She has issues with memory, as do I.  She is someone who will always stick by your side, as am I.  And like Dory, I have had to learn how to keep swimming.  Although it can be fun and worthwhile, teaching is hard. Just when I think I have things figured out, a wave of doubt sets in or a current of change causes a temporary blur in my vision.  But then the waves settle down, my vision returns and the purpose of why I teach is clear. A smile on a child's face. A welcoming hug. A colorful picture with the words, "I love school." All of these things make these temporary interferences worthwhile. So as I prepare to enter this next school year, my goal will be to embrace Dory's delightful optimistic attitude, and when teaching gets hard (as I know it will), I'm going to think or maybe even sing, 'Just keep swimming.'

No comments:

Post a Comment